lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev lynx2.8.4dev.17

From: Thomas E. Dickey
Subject: Re: lynx-dev lynx2.8.4dev.17
Date: Fri, 9 Feb 2001 08:22:05 -0500 (EST)

On Fri, 9 Feb 2001, Vlad Harchev wrote:

> On Thu, 8 Feb 2001, Thomas Dickey wrote:
>
>  Hi,
>
> > 2001-02-08 (2.8.4dev.17)
> > * implement left/right scrolling and line-wrap toggle using '{', '}' and '|'
> >   characters, respectively.  This uses SVr4 curses/ncurses pads to make the
> >   whole screen treated as a viewport into a very wide screen -TD
>
>  Very nice to hear that!
>
>  Does it work only with curses or with slang too? Does it work with color
> lss-enabled lynx?

SVr4 curses and ncurses (color styles or not, doesn't make any
difference).  I don't believe slang can do this (without implementing
windowing support in the application of course).  It uses the "pad"
feature.  (Most of the code change is replacing "stdscr" with "LYwin",
which is set to a pad at startup if the library implements pnoutrefresh.

I mentioned this more than once as a possibility a few years ago, added
it now because it provides a simple way to see wide tables with TRST.
(This version simply makes the window width 999, would be easy to make
that configurable...).

I've built this on Linux, Solaris, SCO and Digital Unix.  (But as usual,
there will be some detail that I've overlooked).

--
T.E.Dickey <address@hidden>
http://dickey.his.com