lynx-dev

lynx-dev Yet another keymap

From: Ilya Zakharevich
Subject: lynx-dev Yet another keymap
Date: Mon, 29 Jan 2001 17:43:54 -0500

We need another keyboard navigation scheme available as an option.

The current scheme worked good in the stone age, when documents had a
few links, so that different links had a low probability to live on
the same line.  Nowadays this scheme is just an embarassment.  To get
to the link on the left you need to press Up key - and if you press
Left instead, you need to go through endless hoola-hoops to get back
to where you were.

Here is the scheme I use for a couple of weeks, and it does not feel
very bad:

  Meta-H                                HISTORY
  Up                                    UP_LINK
  Down                                  DOWN_LINK
  Left                                  LEFT_LINK/BACK_LL
  Right                                 RIGHT_LINK/FORW_RL
  Backspace                             PREV_DOC/DELP
  Enter                                 ACTIVATE

Ilya