lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev lynx2-8-4 and ssl

From: Thomas E. Dickey
Subject: Re: lynx-dev lynx2-8-4 and ssl
Date: Wed, 10 Jan 2001 17:54:17 -0500 (EST)

On Wed, 10 Jan 2001, Martin McCormick wrote:

> Thomas Dickey writes:
> >is that SunOS or Solaris where you are compiling?
>
>       That turned out to be an excellent point.  I had
> accidentally specified sunos every time and when I selected the
> solaris directive, the openssl distribution 0.9.1c compiled and
> installed perfectly so we are further along, but there is still
> trouble in paradize.
>
>       I did nothing to the installation process to change any
> of the directories because there is no need to do so.  The
> openssl installs in /usr/local/ssl.  It seems to have done so

that's the default, right.

> checking if we can link to ssl library... no
> configure: error: Cannot link with ssl library

well, that's the first cut of the configure option - I may have
made an error (will check).  The option --with-ssl accepts an
(optional) parameter, e.g.,
        --with-ssl=/usr/local/ssl
should be the same as
        --with-ssl

(the config.log file will show exactly what went wrong)

--
T.E.Dickey <address@hidden>
http://dickey.his.com