lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev Happy New Year [again]

From: Duncan Simpson
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Happy New Year [again]
Date: Mon, 08 Jan 2001 20:22:34 +0000

You wrote:

<lots snipped>
> Why don't I learn to shut up?  ;-)  You're talking to someone
> who's reasonably fluent in JavaScript and learning Inform.  It'll
> be a while before I'm any good with C source, probably longer
> before I can contribute to Lynx.

<all the rest snipped>

As someone with a Math & CS BA this sort of statement amazes me... javascript,
java, C, C++, etc, etc are all standard imperative languages. All decent CS
students should be able to pick up such a language with at most a few days.

I think inform is also an imperative language but have not looked at it
recently. Practically all CS students also know how to use a functional
programming language as well an imperative one. Would I be wrong in thinking
you do not have a degree level computer science qualifiction?

FYI I have used CSP in anger. Attempting to blind me with formal methods is
likely to fail completely.

--
Duncan (-:
"software industry, the: unique industry where selling substandard goods is