lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev Lynx 2.8.3 with MingW32 and arrows

From: Thomas Dickey
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Lynx 2.8.3 with MingW32 and arrows
Date: Mon, 13 Nov 2000 20:42:16 -0500

On Mon, Nov 13, 2000 at 05:30:31PM -0800, Doug Kaufman wrote:

> I don't know if anyone maintains the SLang port, but I compile the
> cygwin port of lynx with both ncurses and slang. It works fine for
> me using either. The arrow keys all work. This is with 2.8.4dev.10
> as the last build that I did. I have never tried to compile with
> MingW32. I would check to be sure that you compiled slang correctly.
> It does not use the configure script, but creates the makefile from
> the master makefile (I think in separate subdirectory). I also looked
> at a PDCurses build, but PDCurses doesn't seem fully functional under

PDCurses might work under cygwin, but I haven't tried it (since, like
slang in that environment it uses direct I/O).

> cygwin. The slang port doesn't require a termcap or terminfo database.

but can you redirect its output to a file?  (it's pretty much a clone of
PDCurses in that environment -- same interfaces).

> The ncurses version of the cygwin port doesn't display properly
> with the cygwin terminfo description that comes with ncurses, but
> seems to do fine with the cygwin termcap that comes with the current
> distribution of cygwin.

I haven't seen any problems with the terminfo (but someone pointed me to
some optimization improvements last week - the only visible effect that
I know of is that it would let lynx paint the lower-right corner, which
isn't a big deal for lynx).  Is there a specific problem that I should
look for?

--
Thomas E. Dickey <address@hidden>
http://dickey.his.com