lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev pcpkt.c: illegal ARP/RARP packet 21d552.

From: Doug Kaufman
Subject: Re: lynx-dev pcpkt.c: illegal ARP/RARP packet 21d552.
Date: Mon, 30 Oct 2000 13:38:56 -0800 (PST)

On Mon, 30 Oct 2000, Fiber McGee wrote:

> The message below from address@hidden
> was forwarded by the list moderator.
>
> >I have been using Bobcat for standard DOS for quite a while.
> >
> >Recently,I have been trying 2 versions of DOS LYNX386 with Desqview
> >and DPMI on a Novell  ethernet.
> >
> >When setting BOOTP, I get:
> >pcpkt.c: illegal ARP/RARP packet 21d552.
> >
> >When setting MYIP in the environment, I get :
> >No nameserver defined!
> >Cannot set local ip-address
> >
> >The nameserver is defined in wattcp.cfg

First, be sure that you are using the new WATTCP.CFG file that comes
with the 386 DOS version. The WATT-32 syntax is different. If you are
trying to read from the environment, make sure that your syntax is
correct. Are you using the same packet driver over the Novell network
that worked with Bobcat? If you still have problems, set the various
debug options in WATTCP.CFG for regular and socket debugging, then run
lynx as "lynx -wdebug" to activate debugging.

There may be more help with getting WATTCP working in the DOSLYNX-DEV
list than in the regular LYNX-DEV list. The DPMI support from DESQVIEW
may not be optimal. Consider disabling it and using CWSDPMI instead.

You didn't say which DOS 386 version of lynx you are using. Try the
latest version from my web site, if you are not already using it.
"http://www.rahul.net/dkaufman/index.html";
                               Doug

__
Doug Kaufman