lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev lynx2.8.4dev.9

From: Thomas E. Dickey
Subject: Re: lynx-dev lynx2.8.4dev.9
Date: Fri, 1 Sep 2000 10:42:37 -0400 (EDT)

On Fri, 1 Sep 2000 address@hidden wrote:

> In a recent note, Thomas Dickey said:
>
> > Date: Fri, 1 Sep 2000 07:32:45 -0400
> >
> > 2000-09-01 (2.8.4dev.9)
> > * improve ifdef's for endwin/newterm logic, making a fallback for LYscreen
> >   variable -PG
> > * restore endwin/newterm code for ncurses (as PG notes it really is needed).
>
> These seem both to work now on Solaris and OS/390.

good (I did compile/run on Linux, SCO and FreeBSD, trying to hit all of
the library combinations on those platforms).

> > * add %s substitution to mailcap_substitute(), overlooked when implementing
> >   the logic to read from stdin when %s is omitted (reported by IC) -TD
> >
> Seems to work on Solaris both with and without %s.  Not tested on OS/390.
>
> Hmmm.  Even when I omit the %s, I get a copy of the document in $TMPDIR.
> I'd expect Lynx to pipe directly into the viewer and not create any
> disk image of the document.

no - I realize that, but at the point where the command is being
built, it already has the temporary file constructed, so I didn't
implement something in the C code for making a pipe (it would have
been redundant).  It's ifdef'd for UNIX because the code references
'cat', but that could be ported to DOS or Win32 w/o much problem.

--
T.E.Dickey <address@hidden>
http://dickey.his.com