lynx-dev

lynx-dev Re: "Lynx links" links [WAS Re: <LINK> for Lynx (was Re: Writin

From: Bob Izenberg
Subject: lynx-dev Re: "Lynx links" links [WAS Re: <LINK> for Lynx (was Re: Writing for Lynx)
Date: Sat, 19 Aug 2000 14:39:40 -0500 (CDT)

On 19 Aug 2000, Kim DeVaughn wrote:

> Doug ... the URL for the FAQ-O-MATIC is:
>
>  <http://lynx.isc.org/cgi-bin/fom>

Unfortunately, that faqomatic still contained a lot of dead links
pointing to www.slcc.edu and to www.crl.com.

I've just done a bit of public service by logging on to the faqomatic
and updating those that I could be sure about.  I hope I've made the
right choices: in a few places where there was a reference to Subir's
copies of documents from the 2.8.2 Lynx distribution, I changed the
link to Subir's old site into a link to the new _distribution_ site
(for 2.8.3).  (There doesn't seem to be any form of URL supported
which allows one to reference individual documents of the _release_
version whatever it might be; one has to cite the specific version
number, it seems).

There are still three references to SLCC which I didn't know how to
update.  Find them easily with
http://lynx.isc.org/cgi-bin/fom?cmd=search&_submit=Search+for&_search=slcc

if anyone else knows how to update them.

cheers