lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev Revised patch for HTFTP.c

From: Klaus Weide
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Revised patch for HTFTP.c
Date: Sat, 19 Aug 2000 13:57:42 -0500 (CDT)

On Sat, 19 Aug 2000, Philip Webb wrote:

> BTW in the theological debate, i tend to support DK,
> on the usual ground that we have little influence over sites out there,
> so Lynx should be given shock absorbers to handle bad ones;
> if necessary, such choices can be made user-defined options.

The "shock absorbers" are already there, the user can already 'd' instead
of 'Enter', and thereby force retrieval in binary mode, and then do whatever
he/she likes with the 'd'ownloaded file.  The patch doesn't enable a new
way to fix a given broken situation, it just tries to do automatically
what the user can do anyway (and hides the problem).

(If I have mischaracterized the patch, please correct).

  Klaus