lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev Potential patch for HTFTP.c

From: Doug Kaufman
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Potential patch for HTFTP.c
Date: Sun, 6 Aug 2000 18:39:44 -0700 (PDT)

On Sun, 6 Aug 2000 address@hidden wrote:

> using Lynx 2.8.4dev.7, on Solaris and on OS/390 both your test files
> appear identical, both rendered and as source.  In no case do I see
> extra blank lines.  Both when downloaded show newlines as <CR><LF>.
> Both downloaded files are 53 characters long.

This seems strange. I have tested this with 2.8.3dev.21 both on SunOS
4.1.3_U1 and on FreeBSD 3.5-STABLE, in addition to 2.8.4dev.4 on
DOS. The two unix binaries were built with SLang and the DOS version
built with PDCurses. All three of these show the extra blank lines
when rendered. If I read the code correctly, lynx always downloads in
binary unless using a CMS server, so you wouldn't expect a difference
in downloaded files. Note that there is only one test file. Both URLs
refer to the same file on my server. What do you see when you PRINT
the file to disk while viewing the rendered file?
                             Doug
__
Doug Kaufman
Internet: address@hidden