lynx-dev

RE: lynx-dev More discussion about javascript

From: Joris Dobbelsteen
Subject: RE: lynx-dev More discussion about javascript
Date: Thu, 27 Jul 2000 22:23:49 +0200

Ain't we now getting a rewritten browser that has some Lynx-aspects and
Mozilla-code???

Let me explain:
Lynx:
* fast startup (and processing)
* text-based
* controls (keyboard)

Mozilla:
* Java(script) support
* controls you maybe have (mice, e.d.)

Why don't we directly put them in a new version of Lynx, we got new 2.8----
We get Lynx 3.0 (we get some major changes) and directly modify the
architecture to allow wider support to be implementented later on.
And what would happen if Lynx's goes to Java??? I think compilers for this
(either interpeters) are freely available for most/all platforms (or am i
wrong?)

> > David

>  Best regards,
>   -Vlad