lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev curses working but new problem with highlighted links

From: Henry Nelson
Subject: Re: lynx-dev curses working but new problem with highlighted links
Date: Tue, 25 Jul 2000 09:52:10 +0900 (JST)

> It also just occurred to me that the termcap I sent to the list
> must not be the one I'm actually using because
> when I do an export TERM=vt100, I do pick up a new

If you are in fact using a "true" vt100 description then you _should_
have monochrome.

> termcap. However, the TERMCAP variable remains set to
> whatever screen defines even though it is no longer used.
           ^^^^^^
If you are talking about the multiplexor software "screen," then again
I urge you to not use it until you have the situation with Lynx debugged.
(Iirc, if you use Lynx within a screen session, TERMCAP will determine
screen's own, semi-transparent description, but the ncurses routines in
Lynx will be looking at TERMINFO and TERM.  If you use "screen," very
likely TERMCAP and TERM will not be the same, and it is the latter which
will affect Lynx the most when compiled against the ncurses library.)

__Henry