lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev SSL, VMS and MMS (actually MMK)

From: Doug Kaufman
Subject: Re: lynx-dev SSL, VMS and MMS (actually MMK)
Date: Fri, 21 Jul 2000 13:13:55 -0700 (PDT)

On Fri, 21 Jul 2000, Thomas E. Dickey wrote:

> On Fri, 21 Jul 2000 address@hidden wrote:
>
> > I couldn't find the RSA library.  Yeesh, now I can't even find the
> > URL for getting the library.
>
> I've noticed it seems to be gone (I'm not using it, but was curious
> a month or so ago about OpenSSL).

If you are talking about the RSAref library (free for noncommercial
use in the US), it is no longer distributed by RSA, but the license
allows those who have it to continue to distribute. You can get it
from the old replay crypto archives:
"ftp://ftp.zedz.net/pub/crypto/libraries/rsa/rsaref20.1996.tar.Z";
You may also want to apply the buffer-overflow patch from CERT.
RSA has authorized applying this patch as an exception to the
non-modification clause in the license.
"http://www.cert.org/advisories/CA-99-15-RSAREF2.html";
                          Doug
__