lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev Tables (once again) and virtual lynx pages

From: Larry W. Virden
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Tables (once again) and virtual lynx pages
Date: Fri, 12 May 2000 15:27:35 -0400 (EDT)

I suppose that _technically_ I can envision at least one implementation
without left and right scrolling that _I_ could live with -
the page is rendered with tables 'pushed' out to their own pages, with tables
wider than the screen 'split' at column boundaries into separate pages.

Thus a table that normally would be 10 columns and 100+ characters wide
would be two links - one to for instance the first 6 colunms, all fitting
into the first 60 or so characters and the second link to the last 4
columns with theremaining 40+ characters.  I am not thinking of hard coded
numbers of columns and widths - that would be dynamically determined per
table.  But basically one would see the 'left' side of the page in one
link and the 'right' side (actually _next_ side!) in a seperate link.
By _next_ side I mean that for _REALLY_ wide tables one might have several
of these vertical splits...
--
Larry W. Virden <mailto:address@hidden>
-><-