lynx-dev

lynx-dev Bugs in lates lynx release

From: Bob Izenberg
Subject: lynx-dev Bugs in lates lynx release
Date: Sun, 30 Apr 2000 13:42:49 -0500

[ Forwarded message from un-subscribed address
  address@hidden ]

Dear Lynxers,

I'd like to pay your attention at a bug I found with the
experimental
RULE feature in the latest lynx2.8.3rel.1 (23 Apr 2000).

If the URL1 rule pattern in lynx.cfg contains a backslash
(\), it is
lost. E.g. a target URL

http://IP.address.behind.firewall/asap\webasap.nsf/pending2/PEEYFC3A0F

that matches the rule "UseProxy http://IP.*
http://proxy.server:port/";
is passed to the HTTP request engine without "\" between "p"
and "w".
This results in HTTP status 404 - "Link does not exist."

Escaping "\" with another "\" resolves this, i.e.

http://IP.address.within.firewall/asap\\webasap.nsf/pending2/PEEYFC3A0F

works OK.

I run lynx on an xterm at an HP-UX 10.20 machine, if that
matters. Let me
know if you need my configure options and/or lynx.cfg
settings.

An unrelated issue: I'd like lynx to respect the
"copiousoutput"
attribute in MIME mailcap files. Sometimes I have to deal
with come
wicked mime content types. If it is a mail attachment, I
feed it into a
view command defined in file $HOME/.mailcap, and then browse
the stdout
with usual PgUp/PgDn keys. Unfortunately, while accessing a
web page in
lynx, the same mailcap view command results in rapid rolling
of all its
stdout, and nothing is captured.

Please cc: me directly when replying. I used to be
subscribed to lynx-dev
but had to unsubscribe due to large mail traffic.
 --
Regards,                                                |       /^^^\
        Yury                                            |     (| , , |)