lynx-dev

lynx-dev lynx 2.8.2 and 2.8.3pre6 - CRASH when working with textareas.

From: Bob Izenberg
Subject: lynx-dev lynx 2.8.2 and 2.8.3pre6 - CRASH when working with textareas.
Date: Wed, 26 Apr 2000 03:28:03 -0500

[ Forwarded message from unsubscribed address
  address@hidden ]

Hello,

I am using Windows NT 4.0 and use Notepad as my external
editor when using my
Yahoo! Mail account.  I hit ^X-e while in the textarea to
open it, and closing
it fills in the text area.

If what I have in Notepad is more than 43 lines, or WRAPS to
more than 43
lines, Lynx will bomb out with the following errors...

======================
43 lines
--------

A Fatal error has occurred in Lynx Ver. 2.8.3pre.6

Please notify your system administrator to confirm a bug,
and
if confirmed, to notify the lynx-dev list.  Bug reports
should
have concise descriptions of the command and/or URL which
causes
the problem, the operating system name with version number,
the
TCPIP implementation, and any other relevant information.

Do NOT mail the core file if one was generated.

Lynx now exiting with signal:  11

signal code = SIGSEGV

Abnormal program termination

======================
44+ lines
---------

Wrap lines to fit displayed area? (n)
Assertion failed: line != NULL, file src/gridtext.c, line
1889

Abnormal program termination

This becomes a problem when the email message is a reply.
The original message
is included and quickly adds to the number of lines.

Thanks for any help or fixes,

Tye Zdrojewski
address@hidden

PS - I could not use Lynx to send this very message.