lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev reordered Options

From: Klaus Weide
Subject: Re: lynx-dev reordered Options
Date: Wed, 5 Apr 2000 10:11:43 -0500 (CDT)

On Wed, 5 Apr 2000, Leonid Pauzner wrote:

> The only thing I note is that Cookies option is not (are not) saved
> which looks rather strange (as far as I can remember, some options are
> saved into lynx.rc and some are not - should be fixed IMO).

Yes, it's only half true.  The three-way choice combines two variables
into one 'option', LYSetCookies and LYAcceptAllCookies.  Of these,
the first is not saved, but the second is saved.  Putting the (!) mark
there was just a compromise, maybe not the best.

Those three-way choices that combine several 'elementary' flags -
"Cookies" as well as "Show images" are a pain.  Somebody apparently
thought they were more user-friendly, but they are certainly not
programmer-friendly as they are.  (Therefore hard to explain, therefore
confusing also to any user who wants to understand what they do.)

I could do without them...  but personally won't be touching that now.
(If you strongly feel that there shouldn't be the (!) mark at
"Cookie", please say so now.)

  Klaus