lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev lynx2-7-2ms.zip update

From: Michael Sokolov
Subject: Re: lynx-dev lynx2-7-2ms.zip update
Date: Mon, 3 Apr 00 11:53:16 CDT

Klaus Weide <address@hidden> wrote:

> I doubt that very much.
>
> What does your lynx do if you give it a URL of some thousand characters?
> Say in the host part?  Say it's recieved in a HTTP redirection response?
>
> (That's just one area.  Check the archives for "security" or similar
> strings for others.)

OK, maybe you are right. The thing is, I really don't care. I know that I can't
plug every security hole in the world, so I just learn to live with this. Yes,
it would sure be nice to find and plug all those security holes and make other
improvements to Lynx. But then there are other, much more important, things
that demand my attention, so I just have to prioritize. Sorry.

BTW, don't say "your Lynx". It isn't mine, it's Fote's, I just made it build on
4.3BSD.

--
Michael Sokolov                         Harhan Computer Operation Facility
Special Agent                           615 N GOOD LATIMER EXPY #4