lynx-dev

lynx-dev Options Menu (was: Open issues)

From: Klaus Weide
Subject: lynx-dev Options Menu (was: Open issues)
Date: Sat, 1 Apr 2000 16:54:11 -0600 (CST)

On Sat, 1 Apr 2000, Henry Nelson wrote:
> Not really worth mentioning, but my preference would be for a message at
> the top of the page, no header at the top of the page (at least not
> H1), and the actual "buttons" to make the changes only at the bottom.
> (I've already made this request/proposal ages ago.) Something like:
>
>      Make your changes to the options below and save them by hitting
>      Enter on the appropriate button at the bottom of this Menu.  Note
>      that options marked (!) will only take affect in the present
>      session and cannot be saved for the next time you start up Lynx.
>
> ... (Options) ...
>
>      [Save for future sessions] [Accept this session only]  [Cancel]

That might be reasonable (although a bit too verbose for my taste), but
it's more of a change than I was looking for.

> One "feature", perhaps difficult/impossible to implement, is the replacement
> of the [ ] checkbox to save with a submit button that does that automatically.

Not impossible, and it shouldn't be difficult either.  One can do it
with 'real' HTML form pages, so why not with the Form-based Options
Menu.  (It is a HTML form, after all.)  It's just not the kind of
change I want to propose now - but maybe you should keep the idea
alive.

  Klaus