lynx-dev

lynx-dev Adding dired support under MingW32

From: vtailor
Subject: lynx-dev Adding dired support under MingW32
Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2000 09:04:46 -0600 (CST)

I've been looking at adding dired support to the MingW32 version
of the latest February lynx.exe.  I can get lynx to compile by
making the following modification to LYLocal.c:

; Line 47 of LYLocal.c:
;
#ifndef VMS
#ifndef _WINDOWS
#ifdef HAVE_SYS_WAIT_H
#include <sys/wait.h>
#endif
#else
#define uid_t   long
#include <sys/stat.h>
#endif /*_WINDOWS */
#endif /* VMS */

Pushing the 'f' key to "edit" a local directory gets the expected
dired menu, but attempting, e. g., to erase a local file gets an
error message "unable to determine status of file".  Since the
Windows32 crtdll.dll C library supports stat() and lstat(), I am
unsure of what is causing this.  Still, being able to push the
"e" key to edit a local text file is worth the effort to add the
-DDIRED_SUPPORT definition to the makelynx.bat.
(