lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev Re: off topic: metamail

From: Philip Webb
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Re: off topic: metamail
Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2000 04:03:33 -0500

000215 Michael Warner wrote:
> 15 Feb, 2000, Mike Karlesky <address@hidden> wrote:
>> I am terribly sorry to bother you real lynx developers
> You're in the right place -- this is a combined user/developer list.

yes, there's all sorts here: the one thing is we're all volunteers.

-- good advice snipped --
> As I recall the "metamail" reference is an historical artifact
> and metamail isn't actually involved.

yes, there was some discussion last year & Lynx was updated.

>> The machine I have to run on is running lynx 2.8.1rel.2 (1998).

you should get them to update to the latest release 2-8-2
or get the package & compile it yourself: start at  lynx.browser.org/ ;
2-8-3 has been in the offing for a long time ...