lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev Form Submission

From: Vlad Harchev
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Form Submission
Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2000 00:48:17 +0400 (SAMT)

On Wed, 16 Feb 2000, S. Saravanan wrote:

> Hi!
>
> Leonid Pauzner wrote:
>
> > 14-Feb-2000 14:41 S. Saravanan wrote:
> > > Hi Everybody!
> >
> > > I have a problem to submit the form programmatically in lynx.
> >
> > > I want to load the HTML file that contains FORMS, fill the values of the
> > > Text
> > > field and Submit the FORM without user interaction (programmatically).
> > > How to
> > > achieve this?
> >
> > Try doing so manually with trace mode (^T toggle),
> > then look into Lynx.trace file and search for "POST " string:
> > you will see some cryptyc data submitted to certain URL.
> > Now save data and URL and invoke lynx like this:
> >
> >         lynx URL -post_data data
> >

> The -post_data is taking input form STDIN. How to give in command line itself.
>
> e.g.:    $ lynx http://master/search.asp -post_data searchString=Design
>                     (This is not working) I want execute in command line
> itself.
>
>         $ lynx http://master/search.asp -post_data
>         searchString=Design
>         ---
>                    (This is working)
>
> Please educate me to execute in command line itself.

 If you use unix, something like this should work for your shell:

(echo searchString=Design; echo --;) | lynx http://master/search.asp
-post_data

 If you use something other than unix shell (like command.com as shell), you
could create temp file with post data and pipe it to lynx, like this

        lynx http://master/search.asp -post_data < tmpfile

 Best regards,
  -Vlad