lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev Lynx telnet problems

From: Lloyd G. Rasmussen
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Lynx telnet problems
Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2000 10:37:31 -0500

Have you activated -show_cursor to give your telnet program something to
work with?  Have you tried the Home key to get to the top of the page?
Lynx needs to know the screen size, and it sounds as if there's a major
mismatch.  Do you have scroll-back enabled?  This could be sending the
whole page to the telnet client for local recall.  Just a few things to
check on.

At 09:58 AM 2/7/00 -0500, you wrote:
>     We are running lynx 2.8.2 rel. 1.1 on an NT server (4.0). I can run
>the lynx browser on the NT machine and browse the intranet as well as the
>internet just fine. Sites like yahoo come in clearly in this browser. When
>I try to telnet from my NT workstation to the lynx server, the browsing
>function is not as clean. More specifically, when I telnet to the lynx
>server with either exceed or a simple DOS telnet, I seem to be at the very
>bottom of the screen. I have to hit the up arrow about twnety-five times
>before I even begin to see a screen. After a screen comes up, I am always
>at the last page. For instance, when running lynx on the local machine,
>yahoo has 5 pages and by default I start at page one. When I telnet to the
>server, I have to hit the up arrow 25 times before I see the first screen
>and this screen is always page five(the last one). If I hit the up arrow
>another 25 times, I'll get page four. Does anyone have any suggestions?
>Thanks,
>Ed
Lloyd Rasmussen, Senior Staff Engineer
National Library Service f/t Blind and Physically Handicapped
Library of Congress    (202) 707-0535  <address@hidden>
<http://www.loc.gov/nls/>
HOME:  <address@hidden>   <http://lras.home.sprynet.com