lynx-dev

lynx-dev Lynx telnet problems

From: Edward Burns
Subject: lynx-dev Lynx telnet problems
Date: Mon, 7 Feb 2000 09:58:36 -0500

We are running lynx 2.8.2 rel. 1.1 on an NT server (4.0). I can run the lynx browser on the NT machine and browse the intranet as well as the internet just fine. Sites like yahoo come in clearly in this browser. When I try to telnet from my NT workstation to the lynx server, the browsing function is not as clean. More specifically, when I telnet to the lynx server with either exceed or a simple DOS telnet, I seem to be at the very bottom of the screen. I have to hit the up arrow about twnety-five times before I even begin to see a screen. After a screen comes up, I am always at the last page. For instance, when running lynx on the local machine, yahoo has 5 pages and by default I start at page one. When I telnet to the server, I have to hit the up arrow 25 times before I see the first screen and this screen is always page five(the last one). If I hit the up arrow another 25 times, I'll get page four. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks,
Ed