lynx-dev

lynx-dev Re: current_codepage error during linking

From: Webmaster Jim
Subject: lynx-dev Re: current_codepage error during linking
Date: Sun, 16 Jan 2000 10:13:21 -0500

On Thu, Jan 13, 2000 at 08:57:26AM -0600, Klaus Weide wrote:
> On Thu, 13 Jan 2000, Henry Nelson wrote:
> [Jim Spath:]
> > > some of the rough spots. The codepage issue is a result of changes by
> > > the main Win32 contributor (Hiroyuki Senshu) to allow Japanese language
> > > displays.
>
> I have to take issue with the formulation "to allow Japanese language
> displays".  That sounds as if there had been no support for Japanese at
> all before those changes, which is far from the truth.

Sorry, that was poorly worded on my part.  Hiroyuki added extensively
to the Win32 port of Lynx, including changes to the CJK support.
His patches were merged in to the development version of Lynx,
reviving the work done several years ago by Wayne Buttles.

(Is that less issue-laden? :-)

Marvin the Paranoid Android.