lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev Personal mail address

From: Doug Kaufman
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Personal mail address
Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2000 08:07:41 -0800 (PST)

On Wed, 12 Jan 2000, Ismael Cordeiro wrote:

> The Lynx Users Guide says about the "Personal mail address" in the Options
> menu:
>
> and in .lynxrc we find:
>
> | # personal_mail_address specifies your personal mail address.  The
> However, when Lynx sends mail it doesn't send in the "From:" field the
> address in "personal_mail_address". Here's part of the header of a document I
> mailed to myself with Lynx' "Mail the file":

I think that the problem is that you have "NO_ANONYMOUS_EMAIL"
defined in userdefs.h. Although the information there doesn't mention
it, I believe it stops you from specifying the FROM address. See
LYMail.c, line 1604 in the dev.18 code. Try recompiling with the
NO_ANONYMOUS_EMAIL define commented out and see if this changes the
behavior to what you want.
                             Doug
__
Doug Kaufman