lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev Re: Lynx .IDE file for Borland C ++

From: Hiroyuki Senshu
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Re: Lynx .IDE file for Borland C ++
Date: Wed, 05 Jan 2000 23:30:21 +0900

Klaus Weide wrote:
>On Sat, 8 Jan 2000, Vlad Harchev wrote:
>
>>  The 'current_codepage' is referenced in the following code fragement in
>> LYCurses.c:
>>
>> #if defined(WIN_EX) && defined(CJK_EX) /* 1999/08/26 (Thu) 17:53:38 */
>>     {
>>         extern int current_codepage;    /* PDCurses lib. */
>>
>>         if (current_codepage == 932)
>>             LYcols = COLS - 1;
>>     }
>> #endif
>
>So he is compiling with CJK_EX.  Why?  I don't know, but let's assume
>he wants and needs it.

This code is necessary to indicate the character for which
to have width for two characters with one character
with the English letter safely at the end of the line.

If it doesn't have this code,
the line of the blank is sometimes indicated,
and a discrepancy with the unit of a line to manage it inside occurs.

This code judges whether it moves with Japanese environment.
It is imperfect only to judge only 932 in the meaning.

>>  Just hide this fragment from compiler - eg change 1st line to
>> #if 0 && defined(WIN_EX) && defined(CJK_EX) /* 1999/08/26 (Thu) 17:53:38 */
>>  You don't need this fragment.
>
>How do you know that he doesn't need it?
>
>Do you understand what the code is for?  (I don't.)  If he wants to compile
>the CJK Extension, and that code is part of the CJK Extension, then the
>normal assumption should be that he *does* need that code.  If the code
>didn't do anything, presumably it wouldn't be there.
>

>   Klaus

__Hiroyuki

--
Shonai College of Industry and Technology.
Electronics and Computer Infomation Course.