lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev dev.16 patch 6 - Management of User Interface Pages; TRST f

From: Henry Nelson
Subject: Re: lynx-dev dev.16 patch 6 - Management of User Interface Pages; TRST fix
Date: Wed, 15 Dec 1999 18:24:02 +0900 (JST)

> >>   tracking mechanism.  Only the form-based Options Menu and Visited Links
> >                                                               ^^^^^^^^^^^^^
> >>   are allowed.  Relying on a good random generator to prevent spoofing is
>
> > Would someone remind me why Visited Links had to be allowed?  It *seems*
> > preferable to not have the Options Menu show up there.
>
> Perhaps you have not visited "Visited Links":)
> in recent dev.XX - it now have a tree-like presentation

I'm running dev.16.  Oh, wonderful.

So now we're to have options scattered throughout the supporting pages?
It's rubbish, pure and simple.  Every line stolen from my 24-line terminal
is just one more reason to trash the whole thing.  Before you know it
we'll be peeping through a tiny keywhole like MSIE with all the "fool"
bars and history frames turned on.

__Henry