lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev compiling lynx for the following?

From: Doug Kaufman
Subject: Re: lynx-dev compiling lynx for the following?
Date: Mon, 29 Nov 1999 19:09:29 -0800 (PST)

On Mon, 29 Nov 1999, karen lewellen wrote:

> while i have read information on compiling lynx to use secured sites, still
> i would welcome a resend on where the info on this may be found, i have not
> seen any reference to compiling lynx to do either of the following.  send
> comments, and work in live chat.  as to the former, i refer to those options
> one may be given to send a comment or contact a service, with the e-mail
> given as a link.  I know that lynx can, or could do this, since the version
> of lynx maintained at delphi.com does allow for sending such comments.  as
> to the latter, chat, question, can lynx be used in a chat environment, and
> is anything extra needed to do this?

For lynx and SSL see:
"http://www.slcc.edu/lynx/release2-8-2/ssl.html";
"http://www.ocf.berkeley.edu/~jeffwong/lynxstuff/SSL/index.html";

These are slightly out of date, but still helpful. Lynx should be built
with openssl rather than SSLeay. References to ftp.replay.com are no
longer valid, and should be replaced with the new URL at ftp.zedz.net.

For lynx to mail comments, the mailer needs to be specified in lynx.cfg
under SYSTEM_MAIL. This is done via an outside program after lynx
prepares the message. The comments are usually "mailto:"; URLs.

For the third question, I am not sure what you mean by a "chat
environment". If you mean irc, I don't think that lynx has any irc
capability.
                          Doug
__
Doug Kaufman