lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev patch - search in partial mode (part1)

From: Philip Webb
Subject: Re: lynx-dev patch - search in partial mode (part1)
Date: Sun, 7 Nov 1999 04:08:40 -0500 (EST)

991107 Leonid Pauzner wrote:
> 991106 Philip Webb wrote:
>> (3) a problem arose with `n' a long time ago,
>> when the top line of the screen resulting from a search was changed
>> to 2 - 3 lines above the target, to accommodate blind users:
>> i pointed out the bug at the time & TD told me where to go to correct it,
>> but it's one of the things waiting till i have time --  >= 1 month  --
>> to explore Lynx source & revive my knowledge of C more generally.
> I do not understand what problem you address to, have you a pointer? Anyway,
> search internals looks rather complex, I mostly work on a higher level.

if you do a search, the target string appears on line 3 ;
if you then enter `n' , the search `finds' the same occurrence
& moves the display up by 1 line.  it's probably a simple matter
of telling it to start its search at the current occurrence,
not at the top of the screen: probably 1 place in the source.