lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev Lynx and crontab

From: Philip Webb
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Lynx and crontab
Date: Mon, 25 Oct 1999 03:19:03 -0400 (EDT)

991024 Thomas Dickey replied to Mr/Ms Koyn:
>> I was trying to run lynx for Unix off of a crontab
>> to capture a file with  -source  or  -dump  option on a regular basis.
>> From crontab, I get the error `unable to access start file',
>> but from the unix command line, the command in the crontab works fine.
>> FreeBSD 3.2-RELEASE (USERS) #3: Tue Jun 15 01:01:09 GMT 1999
> There was some problem in Lynx encountered with cron back about a year ago
> - what version of Lynx are you trying to run?  (This was around 2.8.1).

TD might have added the standard advice:
(1) give lynx-dev full details of URLs, commands used etc etc;
(2) get the latest Lynx 2-8-2 from  www.slcc.edu/lynx/release/ :
    2-8-3 should be released soon;
(3) search the Archive at  www.flora.org/lynx-dev/ ;
(4) try Expect for automating tasks from  expect.nist.gov/ ;
    or  wget  from  ftp://gnjilux.cc.fer.hr/pub/unix/util/wget/ .