lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev JavaScript again (was no subject)

From: rjp
Subject: Re: lynx-dev JavaScript again (was no subject)
Date: Sun, 24 Oct 1999 12:28:15 +0100

In message <address@hidden>,
           David Woolley writes:
> > it just simplifies things from a Javascript perspective.  If Lynx uses
> > the Javascript objects internally, it's a lot simpler interfacing Javascript
>
> The objects are the browser object model not Javascript objects; the same

I think we're talking about different things.  I'm not talking about the
externally exposed things like document.form, etc.  I'm talking about the
way things like forms are implemented internally to Lynx.

At the moment, as far as I've been able to tell, you can't just say "I want
the submit URL for form X" in Lynx now.  Nor can you easily get the value
of a form field, or any of the other things you might want to do with forms.

With internal Javascript'd objects, you'd just say something like

  js_getproperty(FormObject, "action", mystring);

I'm not sure that it would help anything other than implementing Javascript,
but it feels simpler than the current situation and that can't be bad.
--
rob partington % address@hidden % http://lynx.browser.org/