lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev "error uncompressing temp file" (2.7.2)

From: Klaus Weide
Subject: Re: lynx-dev "error uncompressing temp file" (2.7.2)
Date: Thu, 21 Oct 1999 09:42:32 -0500 (CDT)

On Thu, 21 Oct 1999, Larry W. Virden wrote:

> I use yahoo mail all the time.  They occasionally make a change that causes
> lynx to have problems - they fix it quickly because they are one of the few
> free mail sites who care to make mail available to non-Netscape-IE users...

Well, since you are using yahoo mail, you should be able to tell us
how compression enters into it.  Do they send pages as compressed
now, is their compression broken or are there just a lot of users
on broken lynx installation, etc.

I don't get the point of all these free email services at all.
Why would someone with a working mail setup use them at all?
Why entrust your mails to some remote site?  I must be missing
something.

  Klaus