lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev Re: Licensing Lynx: Summary

From: T.E.Dickey
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Re: Licensing Lynx: Summary
Date: Tue, 5 Oct 1999 17:03:37 -0400 (EDT)

> Hi.  Just signed on to the list today.  I'm trying to install Lynx ona Sun
> 4.1.  After I had frun ./configure and make, I ended up with an executable
> "lynx" but when I attempt to run it, I get this:

well, I only know small parts too.  I would first test if the browser
can view local files (which tests _something_ useful), but doing
        lynx .
to view the current directory.

There's a problem with some older Sun's (noted in the PROBLEMS file)
regarding the resolv library.  (I've not had to fix _that_, and it
may be your problem).  If that's not it, perhaps you need to check
your proxy (in lynx.cfg, where there also are comments).

--
Thomas E. Dickey
address@hidden