lynx-dev

lynx-dev new encryption policy

From: mattack
Subject: lynx-dev new encryption policy
Date: Fri, 17 Sep 1999 18:27:15 -0700 (PDT)

http://www.pub.whitehouse.gov/uri-res/I2R?urn:pdi://oma.eop.gov.us/1999/9/16/15.text.1

brief segment:
Any encryption commodity or software of any key length can now be
exported under a license exception (i.e., without a license) after a
technical review, to commercial firms and other non-government end users
in any country except for the seven state supporters of terrorism.

So, if the "technical review" could be gotten for Lynx, does this help the
SSL situation any?  I know this is basically a FAQ now..

(Downloads for secure portions would presumably need to be done from the web,
with a "I proclaim that I am not in countries X Y Z W" question beforehand,
just like you have to do to download the IE 128 bit stuff..)