lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev patch to spawn extra lynx's

From: mattack
Subject: Re: lynx-dev patch to spawn extra lynx's
Date: Thu, 16 Sep 1999 16:48:52 -0700 (PDT)

On Thu, 16 Sep 1999, Richard E. Hawkins wrote:
>and as I'm reading the docs, --enable-externs and --enable-nsl-fork
>should let me do this, as the . is hard-coded.  But if I hit return  on
>a postscript, it runs gv, while . does nothing.

I'm trying to use the EXTERNAL system to launch w3m on the current link
(I was hoping I could get it to look at the locally cached file, but that's
irrelevant at the moment).

hitting dot just refreshes the link (and I have turned the pausing back on
to make sure I'm not missing an error message).

Checking the Configuration Definitions from the = screen, it says
USE_EXTERNALS                       1

Which I am hoping is the same as --enable-externs as mentioned above.

my lynx.cfg contains:
EXTERNAL:http:/usr/local/bin/w3m %s:TRUE
FORMS_OPTIONS:FALSE

(I originally had it as
EXTERNAL:http:w3m %s &:TRUE

but tried putting the whole path and taking off the & to see if it would help.
As you can tell, it didn't..)

Any info on how to get the EXTERN functionality would be greatly appreciated!