lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev beginner Windows 95 problem

From: Doug Kaufman
Subject: Re: lynx-dev beginner Windows 95 problem
Date: Sun, 5 Sep 1999 21:11:24 -0700 (PDT)

On Sun, 5 Sep 1999, Scythe X wrote:

> I downloaded a version of Linx at:
>
> http://www.fdisk.com/doslynx/wlynx/lynx_w32.zip
>
> However, now that I have decompressed the file, I am presented with... with
> something, I'm not sure what it is (could be a chicken). I think it is the
> compiled version. The problem is, I have no programming skills except for
> html and some javascript, and in the readme file it says something about
> configuring a .bat file!?

You just need to look in the SAMPLES directory after you unzip
lynx_w32.zip. It has a sample batch file. Just edit it so that the
directories match your system. Then create a shortcut to it and place
the shortcut on your desktop. Adjust the properties of the shortcut to
allow adquate environment space. Click on the shortcut to run lynx.
Write back if you still have problems.

After you get lynx running, you might try to rewrite the README file so
that it would be easier for a first-time user to understand. You can
submit the revised wording to Wayne Buttles (who wrote the version that
you downloaded) and to this list.
                             Doug
__
Doug Kaufman