lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev User Agent

From: Rick Lewis
Subject: Re: lynx-dev User Agent
Date: Tue, 24 Aug 1999 00:29:03 -0700 (MST)

I can somewhat understand not wanting to change the user-agent from
maybe a programming or even a PR point of view, but really, the end
user just wants to access sites, and doesn't want to be locked out of
them.
I suspect most blocks are put there based on ignorance or misinformation.
You can't blame the end user for simply wanting access, and configuring
lynx to do it is often much easier than breaking down the walls of
ignorance.
Just my opinion,
--Rick