lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev Re: Borland-compiled binary

From: Doug Kaufman
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Re: Borland-compiled binary
Date: Sun, 8 Aug 1999 16:00:47 -0700 (PDT)

On Sun, 8 Aug 1999, Webmaster Jim wrote:

> In testing this binary today, I found that I cannot mail from it.
> Viewing the error messages takes some interesting key motions under
> #ifdef SH_EX    /* 1998/05/04 (Mon) 22:40:35 */
>     if (mail_is_blat) {

If this has the code taken from Hiroyuki Senshu's port, the default
mailer is blat, rather than sendmail. If you don't want to use the
blat mailer, but would rather use sendmail, you need to invoke lynx
as "lynx -noblat". I have this in the batch file that I use to run
his Win32 binary. I am not sure that this code belongs in the main
distribution (certainly not without control in lynx.cfg). See:
"http://www.interlog.com/~tcharron/blat.html";
                                   Doug
__
Doug Kaufman