lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev MacLynx Development

From: Philip Webb
Subject: Re: lynx-dev MacLynx Development
Date: Sat, 7 Aug 1999 23:17:11 -0400 (EDT)

990807 Scott Lahteine wrote:
>address@hidden writes:
>> Mailing *the author* will most likely give you a better answer
>> than the lynx-dev mailing list.
>> as far as I know, nobody on lynx-dev knows much about the MacLynx port.
> I have just emailed the author, and anxiously await his response.

the only known site for MacLynx is  www.lirmm.fr/~gutkneco/maclynx/ ,
but its author has been thought to be inaccessible for some time.
please let lynx-dev know if you have any better successes.

> Am I right in presuming that somebody on lynx-dev understands
> the *requirements* of doing an OS-specific port?
> If so, I'd love to discuss this with such individuals.
> In the meantime I will be diligently studying the sources for MacLynx
> in the hopes of gleaning some clue about the terminal interfaces.

the rule at lynx-dev is very much `do it yourself',
but if you have the experience to update the Mac port,
do feel welcome to contribute patches & ask for advice:
there's lots of expertise re other OS's & terminal interfaces here
& lynx-devers are generally friendly to new contributors.
you should have a look in the Archive at  www.flora.org/lynx-dev/ ,
as inquiries re Lynx for Mac come in regularly.