lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev Printing/Email Option

From: Doug Kaufman
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Printing/Email Option
Date: Tue, 3 Aug 1999 18:07:08 -0700 (PDT)

On Sat, 31 Jul 1999, Adrian R. Magnuson-Whyte wrote:

> I have Version 2.8.2 on my own computer (running Windows 95) and recently,
> it has become relatively important for me to be able to email the
> information to others.  I have filled in the personal email section of the
> Options.  I enter a valid Internet address and press <Enter>.  I then get a
> black box with the statement "Must specify an SMTPHost when using SMTP."
>
> What am I doing wrong and how can I correctly activate the email option?

How to set up the Win32 version of lynx for mailto: URLs depends on
which binary you have (I presume that you didn't compile your own).
Are you using the version from fdisk, the version from Hiroyuki Senshu
in Japan, or some other binary?

If using the version from fdisk, you must modify the lynx.cfg in the
following section:
# Win32:
#=======
# Please read sendmail.txt in the LYNX_W32.ZIP distribution
#
#SYSTEM_MAIL:sendmail -f address@hidden -h my.host -r my.smtp.mailer -m SMTP

Remove the "#" before SYSTEM_MAIL, and replace "address@hidden" with your
email address, "my.host" with the name of your host computer, and
"my.smtp.mailer" with the SMTP mailer assigned by your ISP. The
"-m SMTP" should actually be the default and not necessary. Read the
file referenced above.

If using sendmail with the binary from Japan, you need to invoke lynx
as "lynx -noblat". Otherwise it will use the blat mailer by default,
rather than sendmail.

Let us know if you still have problems.
                            Doug
__