lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev the necessity of numbering each line in textarea if

From: Vlad Harchev
Subject: Re: lynx-dev the necessity of numbering each line in textarea if
Date: Mon, 2 Aug 1999 22:52:31 +0500 (SAMST)

On Mon, 2 Aug 1999, Klaus Peter Wegge wrote:

> > Hi, All,
> > I may be the only one, but I rather  like the numbering of ines in
> > text-area forms.
> You are not!!! the only one. I like this feature for the same reasons!
>
> Klaus

 OK, somebody is using it. I didn't inspected lynx code very carefully (or I
don't remember), but how'd you (users using the fact that each line in
textarea is numbered) think about numbering each line of textarea with
subnumber  - ie to go to the m-th line of textarea with 1st line numbered as
N, you will have to type
 N.m (eg 10.13 for 13-th line of textarea with anchor number 10)? Such
approach gives unique pseudo-number for each line of textarea, while kepping
the numbers of other links constant (seems this is even better than current
approach). Seems originally proposed approach (textarea is numbered as a whole,
not each line of textarea is numbered) should also be availble as an option.
 In ideal case (for programmers) the current 'each line of textarea has unique
document-wide number' approach should be removed in order to solve problems it
caused.

 Best regards,
  -Vlad