lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev hyphenation

From: Lloyd G. Rasmussen
Subject: Re: lynx-dev hyphenation
Date: Fri, 30 Jul 1999 14:48:03 -0400

I know no one has coded anything yet for hyphenation.  Please keep the
following in mind:

Hyphenated words are more frequently mispronounced by speech synthesizers.
If you're going to add this functionality, I think it might be more useful,
because more time-consuming, if invoked only for the print-to-file option
and not for interactive rendering.

Remember that you don't want hyphenation to be active when saving source
files.  I have seen some web pages which were broken because they went
through a word processor which broke some lines (including long URLs) at a
hyphen.

Lloyd Rasmussen, Senior Staff Engineer
National Library Service f/t Blind and Physically Handicapped
Library of Congress    (202) 707-0535  <address@hidden>
<http://www.loc.gov/nls/>
HOME:  <address@hidden>   <http://lras.home.sprynet.com