lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev patch that allows text inputs to be non-sticky

From: Vlad Harchev
Subject: Re: lynx-dev patch that allows text inputs to be non-sticky
Date: Tue, 27 Jul 1999 12:07:34 +0500 (SAMST)

On Wed, 28 Jul 1999, Klaus Weide wrote:

> On Wed, 28 Jul 1999 address@hidden wrote:

> > > Seems that you'll be unable to edit, say, 3rd line of textarea if such
> > > logic
> > >will be implemented.
> >
> > Well, I don't know how hard this is to implement in the source, but all
> > I'm talking about is the whole text area to act as if it were ONE big
> > thing, even though it's really a bunch of separate lines edited "together".
> > (This is what I gather from the discussion here.)
>
> That's a job for TAB (and backtab if you have it).  I don't think Down
> Arrow and Up Arrow should suddenly change meaning depending on the state
> of 'activatedness'.

  But this can be easy implemented (I'm doing it, but reading your message,
decided that this should also be configurable :)
 We have another problem now:

 what commandline switch and lynx.cfg setting should this controlled by?

 Anyway, I have to send a patch: (the was a bug in my statusline changes -
when the text field becomes activated, statusline is not changed) - now it's
fixed.

 As for textarea support, the next patch will provide the following
functionality:
 when autogrowing textarea, the just added text line becomes 'active'
automatically.

>    Klaus

 Best regards,
  -Vlad