lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev coloring with character-set=utf-8

From: Christian Weisgerber
Subject: Re: lynx-dev coloring with character-set=utf-8
Date: 28 Jul 1999 02:42:18 +0200

Klaus Weide <address@hidden> wrote:

> > [When the display character set is set to UTF-8] then in both xterm and
> > Linux console, links are not highlighted in blue any more, and headlines
> > are not underlined any more. Only when a link is left via the cursor up/down
> > keys, it gets highlighted in blue (was red before).
>
> Can anyone else reproduce this?

Yessir. This bug has been around for a long time and I'm under the
impression that I reported it.

lynx 2.8.2rel.1 on FreeBSD 4.0/i386 with the native (ancient) ncurses.

On the other hand, lynx 2.8rel.2 on Debian 2.0/i386 and 2.8.1rel.2
on Red Hat 6.0/alpha are not affected.

> The following helps under linux to see what lynx actually writes
> to the screen:  attach to the running lynx process with
>
>   strace -ewrite -s1000 -p <pid>

Tracing lynx simply confirms that no highlighting codes are sent.
This also affects underlining (EM, STRONG, B, I, etc.).

--
Christian "naddy" Weisgerber                  address@hidden