lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev LYNX: "hidden links": make them UNhidden:

From: Doug Kaufman
Subject: Re: lynx-dev LYNX: "hidden links": make them UNhidden:
Date: Tue, 27 Jul 1999 00:30:33 -0700 (PDT)

On Mon, 26 Jul 1999, David Combs wrote:

> Still not "perfect"; I am in advanced mode, but I cannot "tell"
> a true gif from a link.
>
> In the enclosed below, the left column is a link (as you can see
>  from what [20] is down at the bottom "mode line" of lynx),
> and the one on the right is a gif (at least lynx thinks so,
> asks me do d(ownload) or c(ancel) (or whatever it says).

Look at your status line. It should show the URL of the link when you
have the cursor positioned on it. The true images generally end in
an image suffix, such as .gif .jpeg, etc. I don't know a way to tell
globally from the screen without positioning the cursor first.
                            Doug
__
Doug Kaufman
Internet: address@hidden (preferred)