lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev Lynx 2.8.3.dev4+Slang 1.3.8: arrow keys not working?

From: Kim DeVaughn
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Lynx 2.8.3.dev4+Slang 1.3.8: arrow keys not working?
Date: Sat, 17 Jul 1999 05:05:27 -0600

On Sat, Jul 17, 1999, Kim DeVaughn (address@hidden) said:

| On Sat, Jul 17, 1999, Klaus Weide (address@hidden) said:
| |
| | > Or provide a "backout patch" to undo the recent damage ... :-) ...!
| |
| | Manually change the 'static Keysym_String_List table[]' within
| | 'setup_vtXXX_keymap' in LYStrings.c.  Replace the "^(..)" in the
| | second column with the string in the first column, for each row
| | where this is 'necessary'.  Extra points if you figure out exactly
| | for which rows this is necessary (in your situation).
|
| Yeah, I'd already figured that out, and it is probably what I will do
| (though I will probably change all the rows, en masse :-) ).

OK, as expected it was the ESC-[-{A,B,C,D} representations.  To wit, the
first entries in the table are now:

        EXTERN_KEY( "\033[A",   "\033[A", UPARROW,      KEY_UP ),
        EXTERN_KEY( "\033OA",   "^(ku)", UPARROW,       KEY_UP ),
        EXTERN_KEY( "\033[B",   "\033[B", DNARROW,      KEY_DOWN ),
        EXTERN_KEY( "\033OB",   "^(kd)", DNARROW,       KEY_DOWN ),
        EXTERN_KEY( "\033[C",   "\033[C", RTARROW,      KEY_RIGHT ),
        EXTERN_KEY( "\033OC",   "^(kr)", RTARROW,       KEY_RIGHT ),
        EXTERN_KEY( "\033[D",   "\033[D", LTARROW,      KEY_LEFT ),
        EXTERN_KEY( "\033OD",   "^(kl)", LTARROW,       KEY_LEFT ),

which I suspect will fix the majority of the (now broken) behaviors that
have been reported.

I didn't change any of the other table entries, but interestingly, the
keypad HOME, END, PGUP, PGDOWN, and *keypad arrow keys* (8, 4, 6, 2)
work properly.  'Twas only the *cursor arrow keys* that the dev.4 patch
broke.

(I dunno about other keys like FIND, INSERT, etc ... don't have 'em on
this keyboard, and the Fn-keys are completely "soft", so they can emit
anything at all before the my term program "sees" them).

Anyway, I guess I'll make this into a local patch, and use it until Tom
decides how he wants to fix the problem.

| | Alternatively: comment out the '#define USE_KEYMAPS' in LYCurses.h.
| | You lose manual escape sequence configuaration via .lynx-keymaps as
| | well as slang mouse support, you gain that the 'traditional' hardcoded
| | escape sequences are recognized.   (This should still work - let me
| | know if it doesn't.)

That works also ... though I really didn't do more than see if the four
cursor arrow keys were getting properly recognized.  I dunno if there is
any other impact/sideffect(s).

/kim