lynx-dev

lynx-dev REUSE_TEMPFILES problem (more)

From: Leonid Pauzner
Subject: lynx-dev REUSE_TEMPFILES problem (more)
Date: Fri, 16 Jul 1999 14:56:47 +0400 (MSD)

16-Jul-99 14:26 I wrote:
> I just check dev.4 DJGPP build with REUSE_TEMPFILES:TRUE in lynx.cfg:
> unfortunately, it doesn't work as intended.

> Previously, when I press 'o' for forms option menu and leave it with left key
> I got a different temp file name each time (according to History page
> and temp dir listing). Now, with REUSE_TEMPFILES:TRUE I got increasing number
> of temp files under my temp dir and an active file (according to History page)
> has different name each time. Have not checked on Linux yet, perhaps
> a problem for DOS/DOSPATH ports only.

Few more info from the log file:

///////////////////
getfile: getting LYNXOPTIONS:/

HTParse: aName:`LYNXOPTIONS:/'
   relatedName:`'
HTParse:      result:
LYOpenTempRewrite(c:\add\tmp\17088.htm,.htm,w)
...used before.
...is NOT our file.
LYOpenTemp(,.htm,w)
-> 'c:\add\tmp\27088.htm'
... LYOpenTemp(c:\add\tmp\27088.htm)
LYCloseTempFP
...LYCloseTempFP(c:\add\tmp\27088.htm)

/////////////////////
getfile: getting LYNXOPTIONS:/

HTParse: aName:`LYNXOPTIONS:/'
   relatedName:`'
HTParse:      result:
LYOpenTempRewrite(c:\add\tmp\27088.htm,.htm,w)
...used before.
...is NOT our file.
LYOpenTemp(,.htm,w)
-> 'c:\add\tmp\37088.htm'
... LYOpenTemp(c:\add\tmp\37088.htm)
LYCloseTempFP
...LYCloseTempFP(c:\add\tmp\37088.htm)

Why NOT our file?
DJGPP port compiled with NOUSERS (and NO_GROUPS is only defined in HTFile.c
before HTEditable(), so not defined in LYUtils.c)