lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev code indentation style (was "JUSTIFY") - warning, "religiou

From: T.E.Dickey
Subject: Re: lynx-dev code indentation style (was "JUSTIFY") - warning, "religious" topic...
Date: Wed, 14 Jul 1999 22:09:53 -0400 (EDT)

> >     #if foo
> >             if (x)
> >     #else
> >             if (y)
> >     #endif
> >             {
> >
> > so I can use the curly-brace matching in the editor.  But it's a simple
> > check, so I can miss some cases.
>
> And it's a Good Thing, and helps with emacs too.
> (Most useful for M-C-f, M-C-b, M-C-p, M-C-n type commands that move
> over balanced expressions.)

yes (I agree it looks odd to split things this way, but the usefulness
outweighs the occasional nit).

-- my check is to run c_count (my ftp area), where I've added a rough
check for balancing the curly braces over each file.  (So I may miss
odd cases where unbalancing cancels out - but they're even rarer).

> The Lynx code formatting style is what I'm used to, please don't change
> it, and certainly don't change the formatting of existing code.
> (I know you weren't planning to.)

no problem (it's a workable format; your patches almost always fit it).

--
Thomas E. Dickey
address@hidden