lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev peculiar behavior

From: Klaus Weide
Subject: Re: lynx-dev peculiar behavior
Date: Sat, 10 Jul 1999 17:32:02 -0500 (CDT)

On Sat, 10 Jul 1999, Larry W. Virden wrote:

> So I write out the file I was working on and then quit nvi.  Now I appear
> to be back to lynx fully.  But things still are not right.  Pressing
> function keys results in the CSI strings (]B or whatever) appearing on
> the screen.  When I finally manage to exit lynx, my terminal is left in
> a raw terminal mode.

Another side remark: *this* may be an effect that only occurs with ksh
as the (interactive) shell.  If you have bash, try whether it happens
with bash too.

Please also check whether the "nvi" and "sh -c nvi" processes are really
gone after you manage to exit lynx from this state, or perhaps hang around
as zombies.

   Klaus